This is intended for everyone. Its purpose is to remind everyone that no matter how much you believe your religion or your views are right, you'll never really know until you die. Because if you die and go to heaven, obviously there's a god. If not... well, good luck with that.
Michelle: I don't believe you exist.
Adam: Then why do I stand before you now?
Michelle: I dunno. Maybe you're some creepy homeless man pretending to be Adam.
Adam: You think in strange ways, child. Do you oppose our God?
Michelle: I don't oppose him. I just don't believe in him. Like I don't believe in you.
Adam: That is a puzzling statement, daughter.
Michelle: I'm not your daughter.
Adam: You have descended from me, as all the others of this planet. You are all brothers and sisters, and you are all my children.
Michelle: Yeah... that's gross.
Adam: It is what I have stated it is.
Michelle: Well, whatever.
(Silence)
Adam: Child, if you do not believe in our God, then what is it that brings you fulfillment?
Michelle: Nothing.
Adam: Nothing?
Michelle: That's right.
Adam: Surely there must be something, dear child.
Michelle: Well... I guess I kinda believe in reincarnation. Does that count?
Adam: An interesting theory, child. But our God still reins in a world of his children.
Michelle: True. Christianity and Catholicism is pretty much apparent everywhere in the world.
Adam: So you agree?
Michelle: Yeah. But I still don't think there's a god.
Adam: How do you know for sure, child?
Michelle: I don't. But I guess I'll find out when I die.
Adam: Quite a long wait, is it not?
Michelle: I'd prefer it that way.
(Adam vanishes into thin air.)
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment